23 August 2018
The headline figures are as follows:
• 73% A* to A (9-7 on the numeric grading system)
• 51% A* (9-8 on the numeric grading system)
• 99% A*-C (9-4 on the numeric grading system)
• A third of the year group achieved all As/7s or better
• 10 girls achieved all A*/8 or better
• 3 girls achieved all A*/9, the very top grades
• 70% of girls in biology achieved A*, with over 87% A*-A
• 80% of girls in Chemistry achieved A*-A
• 92% of girls in German achieved A*, with 100% A*-A
• 85% of girls in Music achieved levels 8/9
These results mirror comments within King’s High’s most recent ISI Inspection Report, such as: ‘Pupils’ exceptional achievements cross a very wide range of academic, creative ad sporting activities’ and the Good Schools Guide report, released in June 2018 ‘Kings’ High is carefully crafting a heady brew for the girls of absolutely top academic aspirations, endless opportunities to develop passions outside of the classroom and a focus on actions that will ground them in the real, inclusive world’.
Head Master Richard Nicholson commented “I congratulate our girls and our staff for the excellence which is demonstrated by these exceptional results. It is particularly impressive that the girls have achieved so highly at a time of so much change to the GCSE examinations.
To have attained these results whilst excelling in their many and varied co-curricular pursuits demonstrates the depth and breadth of their expertise, all of which was recognised within the most recent ISI Inspection Report and also the glowing Good School guide we received in June 2018.
Our girls can now look forward to beginning their Sixth Form years with a very solid foundation. They will be the first year group to have the tremendous benefit of the new sixth form centre, shared with Warwick School, as part of ‘Project One Campus’”.