Kingston Smith’s Annual Schools Conference, 14 March 2019
14 March 2019 9.00am – 2.00pm
Kingston Smith’s Annual Schools Conference will provide you with an in-depth view of how to prepare for and make the most out of the changes likely to affect the independent schools sector this year, such as the TPS.
The programme covers the hottest topics you need to be aware of, including the TPS and HR consultation issues, the latest on Brexit, an economics update, GDPR latest news and sector insights.
- Keynote speech on current sectoral business issues and suggesting ways in which schools can face up to them
- The sharp increase in employer contributions to Teachers’ Pensions has created a dilemma for all independent schools. What are the advantages and the potential downsides of withdrawing from the scheme?
- Making changes to terms and conditions of employment in light of the increase to employers’ contributions to the Teacher’s Pension Scheme. Plus an update on upcoming changes to employment legislation and case law
- Specialist economic update offering some perspectives for Charity Trustees on Brexit, the risk of an escalating trade war between the US and China and whether we are indeed facing a prolonged economic slowdown, including how trustees might best address such investment risks
- The latest news and updates regarding GDPR since its launch in May 2018
- An overview on Brexit and the implications for the education sector
- A look back at the past year and what to look out for in the year ahead.
Who should attend?
Governors, headteachers, independent school principals, bursars and school business managers.
Cost – complimentary to GSA members
The Saddlers’ Hall, 40 Gutter Lane, London EC2V 6BR