22 August 2019
Latin, Business and Physical Education were the stand out subjects this year at The Marist School in Sunninghill with each subject gaining the highest numbers of 9 grades across the board.
Karl McCloskey, Principal of The Marist School said, “On the back of stellar A level results, in which we are one of the top performing Catholic Independent Day Schools for Girls, we delight in the attainment of our GCSE students today. It’s another academically strong year for Marist girls with 99.5% achieving 9-4 grades and over 50% achieving grades 9-7. English Literature has received bad press recently but with 35% of grades in English Literature and Language scoring the top mark of 9, we spectacularly bucked the trend! Art is another forte with the school GCSE artists celebrating today with 89% of art exams graded 9-7.”
He added: “The GCSE curriculum at The Marist offers students the opportunity to choose from twenty-four different subjects and our small class sizes provides students with high-quality teaching and personalised support. We believe this, along with our values based approach and strong pastoral care enables our girls to excel and fully achieve their potential.”
Girls who deserve a particular commendation are;
• Josephine D. took 12 GCSEs and achieved four 9s, four 8s, three 7s and one 5 grade
• Amalia D. took 11 GCSEs and achieved five 9s, three 8s, one 7 and 2 6s.
• Eloise S. took 11 GCSEs and achieved four 9s, four 8s and three 7 grades
• Madeleine S. took 11 GCSEs and achieved three 9s, six 8s, one 7 and one 6
• Eve D. took 11 GCSEs and achieved three 9s, five 8s and three 7s
Grade Percentage of total students
5 grades 9-4 including Maths and English 100%
Top Scoring Subjects
Latin: 30% of all grades at 9
Business: 22% of all grades at 9
Physical Education: 43% of all grades at grade 9