Moore Kingston Smith’s Annual Schools Conference, 12 March 2020
Thursday 12 March 2020, 9.30 am – 2pm
Saddlers Hall, 40 Gutter Lane, London, EC2V 6BR
Moore Kingston Smith’s Annual Schools Conference will provide you with a comprehensive view of how to prepare for and make the most out of the changes likely to affect the independent schools sector.
The conference will provide you with a comprehensive view of how to prepare for and make the most out of the changes likely to affect the independent schools sector. Updates will include an economic and sector update, TPS, Governance, HR, VAT and Cyber security.
- David Woodgate, CEO, ISBA
- Kevin Gardiner, Global Chief Investment Strategist, Rothschild & Co Wealth Management
- Ian Thomas, Director, Pilot Financial Consulting
- Benn Davis, Director, ClearComm
- Anjali Kothari, Head of Education, Moore Kingston Smith
- Luke Holt, NfP Partner and Governance Lead, Moore Kingston Smith
- Richard Cummings, Director, Moore Kingston Smith HR Consultancy
- Keynote speech on current sectoral business issues and suggesting ways in which schools can face up to them.
- Economic update: How charities should think about investing in 2020 and beyond.
- Teachers’ Pensions Scheme: Lessons learnt in the past 12 months.
- A breach or cyber-attack affecting the records of children, parents and teachers including religious and health information is very serious and would invite increased regulatory and public scrutiny and potential fines.
- Good governance is fundamental to the wellbeing of all not for profit organisations, so it is important to ensure time is taken to ensure that governance arrangements are fit for purpose.
- A general HR update including off-payroll working and Irregular hours and holidays.
- A look back at the past year and what to look out for in the year ahead.
- Budget update: What’s new?
Who should attend
Governors, headteachers, independent school principals, bursars and school business managers.
Complimentary to GSA members