10 December 2021
At St Augustine’s Priory, ‘The quality of the pupils’ academic and other achievements is excellent’, independent school inspectors find. The inspection of the Ealing Catholic independent school for girls was undertaken by the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) in November 2021 and the report received by the school this week. Some of the other key findings of the inspection were that:
· ‘Pupils demonstrate outstanding attitudes towards their learning and their knowledge, understanding and skills are highly developed.
· Pupils throughout the school are extremely articulate; they debate with confidence and work collaboratively inside the classroom and beyond.
· Pupils are extremely reflective, developing higher-order skills including the ability to analyse, hypothesise and synthesise.
· Pupils achieve a high level of success in a wide range of sporting, academic and creative activities.’
The ISI inspection also found that, ‘The quality of the pupils’ personal development is excellent’. The report went on to say that:
· ‘Pupils demonstrate an exceptionally good understanding of respect and tolerance for other cultures and those of different faiths and beliefs.
· Pupils develop strong leadership skills and made an excellent contribution to the school and local community.
· The pupils’ excellent moral and social development are reflected in a community which is built on kindness and mutual respect.
· Pupils have excellent levels of self-esteem and self-confidence which enable them to take the school’s core values into the wider world.’
Headteacher, Mrs Sarah Raffray, commented, ‘The experience was hugely affirming. That we achieved this in the middle of a pandemic is testament to the strength of expertise and the consistent excellence to which we are committed. Our staff, from teachers to TAs, to admin and estates, all buy in to what the inspectors recognised as a culture and ethos like a stick of rock – running all the way through our community.’
To read the Focused Compliance and Educational Quality Inspection Report of St Augustine’s Priory, please go to https://www.sapriory.com/welcome/inspection-reports/
The Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) is the body approved by the Department for Education for the purpose of inspecting schools belonging to Independent Schools Council (ISC) Associations and reporting on compliance with independent school regulations. ISI inspections are also carried out under arrangements of the ISC Associations for the maintenance and improvement of the quality of their membership.