18 August 2022
After what felt like a very lengthy exam season, and with everyone taking their first ever public exams, we hope that Lady Eleanor Holles students – together with A level pupils across the country – are feeling proud of their achievements.
LEH’s class of 2022 achieved standout collective results and some exceptional individual successes, with many being awarded the highest grades and winning places at their first-choice university.
Head Mistress, Heather Hanbury, said: “I am incredibly proud of the achievements of our students, who have demonstrated resilience, commitment, and curiosity with gusto over their time at LEH, and during those very challenging pandemic years.
“All our students should feel proud of their results, which reflect a huge amount of hard work and endeavour. They have been supported and championed by our wonderful teaching and non-teaching staff and encouraged throughout by our fantastic parent body. This is a very special moment for our students, and I couldn’t be happier for them. I can’t wait to hear what exciting things they go on to do next and look forward to welcoming them back to LEH to inspire other pupils in the future.”
The destinations of this year’s leavers reflect a wide range of passions and interests:
- LEH Head Girl Ravleena Wasan, is going on to study Medicine at Queen Mary, University of London.
- Rei Camilleri, a talented opera singer, who has delivered outstanding performances as part of LEH’s Holles and Cantata choirs, has won a place at the prestigious Royal Conservatoire of Scotland to pursue a degree in vocal studies.
- Ella Fryer, who is also a National Schools Championship 800-meter runner, will be reading Chemistry at Oxford where she is the recipient of a Vincent Award given to outstanding scholar-athletes. Ella will be studying alongside Cantata vocalist, Tina Taylor, who is looking forward to reading English.
- Member of the senior rowing squad, Katherine Crook, will take up her place at Cambridge to read Engineering.
- Deputy Head Girl Elysia Sanders received the highest mark in the country for her Geography A level awarded by OCR Exam Board.