- You may interpret the theme in any way you wish.
- Entries are free and can be prose or poetry.
- Submissions should be no longer than 500 words for prose and a maximum of 25 lines for poetry. All entries should fit on one side of A4.
- Only one entry per pupil allowed.
- There are three age categories:
a. KS2 – Years 3 to 6 – most people will be aged 7-11 years
b. KS3 – Years 7 to 9 – most people will be aged 11-14
c. KS4 & KS5 – Years 10 to 13 (incl Sixth Form) – most people will be aged 14-18
- Entries must be your own original work.
- Please give each entry a title of your choice.
- Entries must be submitted no later than 8pm on Wednesday 4 May using the form below. A supervising teacher’s email address will be required for submission.
- Entries will be judged by GSA Officers and Fellows. The judges’ decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entries will be judged on the following criteria:
– Creative expression of the ‘Dear Earth...’ theme
– Interesting Use of Form
8pm Wednesday 4 May 2022
The winners in each category will be informed, via their teacher, no later than Friday 27 May and invited to make a video recording of themselves reading their winning entry, which will be broadcast to more than 100 GSA Headteachers during the GSA Virtual Summer Briefing on 13 June, when the winning entries will be formally announced. On and after this date, the winners’ videos will also be published on the GSA website at www.gsa.uk.com and shared on social media; winners must keep their status confidential until this time.Submit your entry
All queries to [email protected]