Heads’ PAs and Secretaries are responsible for some of the most complex and specialist work in any school. During this webinar you will be updated on the latest issues, share ideas and talk about best practice. For those whose job is to be ‘all things to all people’, this is a stimulating and enjoyable webinar, not to be missed.
Being the Head’s PA, EA, Secretary or whatever your school calls your essential role is one of the hardest and most interesting jobs in the school. You are at the sharp end of seeing and hearing everything, and yet appearing to see and hear nothing while knowing enough about everything, at least most of the time, to get everything done effectively. This calls for superb listening and decision making skills, excellent judgement and a healthy dose of good humour and empathy, tea and tissues. Managing up is as difficult as managing those you have as your direct reports, and an excellent relationship with the Head and other Senior staff is as key as your relationship with the rest of the staff who you deal with daily. You make a key difference to the smooth running, and therefore the great reputation, of the school as the first point of contact for the Head and the school in all your communications and dealings with people as you make things happen for the Head.
This session will help you manage these conflicting pressures, sharing experiences with others in similar situations as you. We will explore:
• What are the key foundations for excellent relationships with the staff and the Head?
• How do you manage tricky conversations with other staff?
• How do you tell the Head what she or he needs to hear (but might not like to hear) without blowing up your relationship?
• How do you ensure you delegate where appropriate and possible?
• How do you manage the pressures and competing stresses of this demanding role?
Delivered by Nicky Bright, Founder of Bright Lead Ltd and Alicia Drummond, Founder of Teen Tips Ltd