Associate membership is open to any UK resident who has a significant interest in the education of girls and is not eligible for Full membership. For example, you may be the Head or senior leader of a UK school (state or independent, junior or senior), working in higher education, in charge of your organisation’s education liaison or recruitment programme, an education consultant, a retired Full member of GSA, or anyone else with a legitimate interest in the education of girls.
- Networking – a variety of opportunities to network with heads and others interested in educating girls
- Heads’ Conference – book your place at our annual heads’ conference to be inspired by excellent speakers and network with other members from the UK and further afield
- Access to GSA online hubs – fast communication with other members
- Regular e-mails & briefing papers – with information on education, regulation etc
- Membership certificate
- Summer Briefing – a mid-year must for in-depth information about key changes in the education landscape; there is a fee for Associate members to attend
- Publicity – you can choose to be listed as an Associate Member on our website and can place up to two items, of genuine educational interest, per year in the weekly GSA e-newsletter. You can also submit vacancies for the GSA Jobs page on our website
- Staff opportunities – involve your staff in subject-specific or role-specific events
- Media advice – you can request advice to help with your media and communications challenges
- Secretariat support – you can ask for information and guidance from our dedicated secretariat
- Professional development – opportunities for heads and other members of your school team to meet and work collaboratively, sharing best practice and opportunities on a national, regional and special-interest basis. NB some events are only open to Full members
- Student opportunities – involve your students in inter-school GSA events, tournaments etc
- Regional meetings – meet heads and other key players to discuss issues close to home. NB some agenda items may be restricted to Full members
- Good practice guidance – information and advice to encourage best practice
- Appraisal resources – practical help for conducting and receiving appraisals
- INSET and speaker inspiration – access to our list of GSA member- approved speakers and training providers
- Access to the GSA online member zone information, advice and best practice
The fee for Associate membership of the Girls’ Schools Association is £449 per annum. The year runs September to August. Fees are subject to change, in which case prior notice will be given. Annual subscriptions are invoiced at the start of each academic year and payable by BACS transfer.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org / 0116 254 1619 for further information.