Where Sport Can Take You
- Sam Quek MBE, England hockey Gold medallist at the 2016 Rio Olympics
- Eilish McColgan, 3000m and 5000m Olympic athlete
Further speakers and workshops include
- practical sessions run by University staff on sports and biomechanics testing, sports intervention, sports rehabilitation and physiotherapy;
- netball masterclass led by Manchester Thunder youth coaches Phil Owen and Suzanne Bass;
- podiatry session led by Dr Lindsay Hill;
- Victoria Screaton, BBC Sport Producer on tv sports production;
- John Watson, BBC sports presenter, on sports journalism and tv presenting.
A large number of Sports Departments from Universities will be in attendance, including Loughborough, Liverpool John Moores, Chester, Bolton, UCLAN, Liverpool Hope and Edge Hill.
Girls will also have the opportunity to learn about overseas sports placements as an alternative pathway to develop both academic and sports scholarship opportunities in the USA through Sporting Chance USA
GIRLS GO GOLD 2018
Tudor Hall School
Friday 14 September 2018
Balancing Sport & Life
- James Shone, founder of the charity, “I Can and I Am’
- Gail Emms MBE, Silver Medallist 2004 Olympics, Badminton
- Clare Balding OBE, BAFTA Special Award and RTS Presenter of the Year Award
Each delegate will attend the keynote speeches, a practical functional movement session where they will be screened and given their own tailored programme to help focus on areas specific to their own body and a practical workshop with one of our athletes:
- Laura Merrifield – Co-Captain England Lacrosse, gold medal European Championships 2012
- Becky Middleton & Zoe Shipperley – GB hockey
- Tamsin Greenway – England Netball International
- Harrriet Millar-Mills – England Rugby
- Aimee Fuller – Olympic Snowboarder, Team GB
A lunchtime Sports Fair will include stalls from universities, sporting bodies, sports related brands, competitive games and an opportunity to wind down thanks to our massage therapists.
Stuart Armstrong, Head of Coaching at Sport England will be hosting workshops for accompanying teaching staff about looking at the whole, rounded individual and how too much specialisation at an early age can be counter-productive.
The event will conclude with a Q and A session with all our athletes hosted by Clare Balding OBE.
Places are £35 per student and are restricted to 15 per GSA school in the first instance. Two accompanying staff may register free of charge.
Girls Go Gold places book up fast – places will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. Book now to be sure your girls don’t miss out.
GIRLS GO GOLD TUDOR HALL IS NOW FULL (5/6/18).
PLEASE NOTE THE BOOKING FORM BELOW IS FOR THE BOLTON SCHOOL EVENT.