- Head Karen Quinn
Victoria College, founded in 1859, is a leading non-denominational day school for girls, which provides an outstanding educational experience for every girl. Results at GCSE and A level are consistently above the Northern Ireland average and girls are inspired and challenged daily to realise their full potential.
Pupils travel from a wide catchment in Northern Ireland and the College’s boarders add an international diversity to the school community. The educational experience for both pupils and staff is further enhanced through partnerships with schools at home and abroad and through a wide range of educational trips and visits each year. The school is convenient to town and country bus routes and the local railway network. Based on two sites, Year 8 and 9 pupils are accommodated on the Richmond Campus, which provides an ideal environment for transition from primary to post-primary school. Here, junior pupils benefit from having their own library, canteen, gym and assembly hall.
Our pupils have access to a wide range of curricular experiences. They excel as much in Physics, Chemistry and Design Technology as they do in English, Drama, Music and Art, and they are free to pursue and achieve in every sport the school offers; from traditional athletics, hockey, netball, and tennis to swimming, trampolining, fencing, rugby, Gaelic games, and gymnastics. Equestrian and golf teams are recent additions, while PE classes at KS4 avail of the newly refurbished facilities at Queen’s University playing fields.
Victoria College holds the Investor in People award. Additionally, earlier this year it was awarded the coveted ‘GreenFlag’ for its contribution to environmental issues and designated the Belfast Education and Library Board’s Best Kept School for the second consecutive year. The importance of the international dimension in the curriculum has been recognised with the prestigious British Council International School Award.
- Individual Learning Plans
- Behavioural Plans
- Tracking and progress meetings
- Personalised review meetings
- Modified curriculum provision
- Learning Support Programme
- Mentor Programme
- EAL Programme and CoOrdinator
- Classroom support
- Enhanced literacy and numeracy support
- Literacy and numeracy CoOrdinators
- Newcomer tracking and language provision
- Inclusion and Quality Mark
- Community Relations Equality and Diversity (CRED)
- International School Award
- Relevant Continuous Professional Development
- Age range 3 - 18
- Day / Boarding Day
- Religious affiliation Non-denominational
- 14+ GCSE
- 16+ BTEC or NVQ, A Level
- Fees (per term) August 2022 - July 2023
- Pre-School: £5,500
- Prep 1 to Prep 7: £5,500
- Capital Fee: £140
- Voluntary Contribution: £380
- Excepted Pupil: £9,185
- Find out more about fees >
Bursaries & Scholarships
- Sibling discounts
Disclaimer: Data is provided by the school, the GSA is not responsible for inaccuracies.