Give your teaching career an outstanding start – train on-the-job in an independent girls’ school
Do your teacher training at an independent girls’ school with ongoing professional development and support.
- on-the-job induction and training towards QTS (qualified teacher status) and PGCE
- the possibility of a salary, bursary or scholarship, depending on your subject and training provider
- classroom based training with a reduced time-table giving time for induction, lesson preparation,
study, professional development and mentoring
- teach your specialist subject with pedagogical training and support
- opportunity to participate in vibrant extra-curricular activity programmes
- inspire girls to become independent thinkers with a strong sense of social responsibility
- girls-only, majority girls or diamond model, depending on the school, with opportunities to
experience placements at other schools (including co-ed and state) through our network of partners
This is a tremendous opportunity to enjoy being a teacher and valued member of a school community while you train in a Girls’ Schools Association school.
The Girls’ Schools Association (GSA) is a professional association that supports and inspires specialists in girls’ education and provides development opportunities in a friendly, collaborative environment.
Our schools provide: