Outstanding GCSE results at Sheffield High School for Girls
The students and staff at Sheffield High School for Girls are celebrating outstanding GCSE results with 100% of girls achieving a minimum of six GCSEs grade A*-C.
Of all the GCSE subjects taken, 68% were graded A*/A. Almost a third of the year group attained straight A*/A grades and almost half of the year group achieved at least nine A*/A grades.
Commenting on the results, Headmistress Valerie Dunsford said: “I am absolutely delighted for the girls and staff on these amazing results across such a wide range of subjects. In Chemistry, Drama, IT, Latin, PE, Further Maths, Music, RS and Spanish over 95% of the grades were A*-B, which shows the girls excelling in a very broad range of subjects.”
- Helena Anderson from Woodseats found thirteen to be her lucky number on GCSE results day. She is celebrating with thirteen A* grades. Helena, an outstanding dancer and actress has taken part in a variety of school productions alongside her studies and starred in the school production of Calamity Jane.
Helena couldn’t sleep she was so nervous but once she’s worked out that the results really did say thirteen A* her dramatic reaction was certainly worthy of an Oscar!
- Twins Alex and Katharine Hobson from Hathersage are continuing their similarities after achieving exactly the same grades at GCSE. Both girls achieved nine A* and one A grade.
- IT star, Nayana Dasgupta from Ecclesall, who was recognised as ‘One to Watch’ at the everywoman Technology Awards earlier this year is over the moon with eleven A* grades. She is also celebrating after being awarded a prestigious Arkwright Scholarship, which is given to students who aspire to a career in engineering and related areas of technical design.
- Sisters Kate and Eleanor Hughes from Ridgeway, are also celebrating their full set of A grades. Both are keen dancers – Kate achieved all As at A-level last week and Eleanor is delighted with her ten A*/A GCSEs.
Kate who received her straight As at A-levels last week said she had full confidence in her sister and the family are now celebrating their myriad of As and A*s. Dad, Mr Hughes couldn’t be any prouder.
- Sisters Jenna and Teresa Snook from Thurgoland, Barnsley are reveling in their haul of A grades. Jenna received straight As at A-level last week and her sister Teresa followed the family’s success story with an astounding twelve A* grades at GCSE.
Teresa said “We’ve been waiting to celebrate since my sister got her results last week and now we really can!”
- Athletes Olivia Parkes and Gabriella Craft were runaway successes in the GCSE results with both achieving eleven A* grades. Olivia from Fulwood is the South Yorkshire Schools 3000m steeplechase champion and a cross country finalist in the English Schools championships. Gabriella from Lodge Moor excels in sprint, hurdle and high jump and is coached by Toni Minichiello, who also coaches Jessica Ennis-Hill.
- Zeba Azeem from Lodge Moor, Safa Petkar from Broomhill and Mariana Pilakoutas from Sharrow are also celebrating with eleven A* grades.
- Nayana was absolutely over the moon with her results and will now move onto Sheffield Girls’ Sixth Form to study A-level Maths, Physics and History.
- Sisters Megan and Lauren Tolley from Rotherham are celebrating their haul of A-grades at both GCSE and A-level. Lauren achieved As in Geography and ICT A-level last week and her sister Megan joined in the celebrations this week after achieving eleven A* grades at GCSE.
- Keen netballer, Connie Collery from Millhouses achieved nine A* and one A. Earlier this year, Connie was awarded the Sheffield Hallam University award for academic achievement. Connie is also a dedicated netball player and has been an outstanding volunteer assisting with coaching netball at Sheffield Girls’ and at partnership primary schools across Sheffield.
- Anna Eason from Worksop, a keen trampolinist who has represented Sheffield Girls’ in the National Schools championships is bouncing with joy at her ten A*/A grades. Anna has also been awarded the Sixth Form Art scholarship.
Anna said “This has made my Summer, I am so happy and am really looking forward to getting started in the Sixth Form.”
- Lydia Blackburn from Bents Green is delighted with her twelve A*/A grades. Lydia is also a talented cellist and has recently achieved her Grade 8.
- Charlotte Greengrass from Bakewell, Derbyshire achieved eight A* and three A grades.
- Frances Grech from Fulwood, Yasmin Dajani from Millhouses and Megan Jones from Fulwood celebrated their A – mazing results after the friends all received a complete set of A*/A grades. This inseparable trio who have supported each other through the trial and tribulations of GCSEs unsurprisingly turned up together and were awestruck by their combined 31 A and A* grades.