23 August 2018
‘St Augustine’s is unashamedly driven to maximise each girl’s academic potential. This is the mission for me, all the staff and the governors of the school. Well done girls, we are so very proud of you.’ So said Mrs Sarah Raffray, Headteacher of St Augustine’s Priory, on the news of today’s great GCSE results achieved at this Ealing Catholic independent day school for girls.
This year the GCSE students at St Augustine’s Priory have achieved some impressive results:
· 66% of all grades were A*/A or 9-7 (+8% on 2017)
· 42% of all grades were A* or 9/8 (+11% on 2017)
· 100% of French grades were A*
· 96% of Triple Science (Biology, Chemistry & Physics IGCSE) were A*/A
· 90% of Modern Languages (French, Russian & Spanish) were A* or A
· 61% of the grades in Mathematics, English Language and English Literature combined were 9, 8 or 7
· Subjects with all A*/A or 9-7 were French, Computer Studies, Russian, Latin, Biology and Classical Greek
· 12 pupils (27% of the year group) scored A*/A /9/8/7 in all their subjects
· More than 50% of Religious Studies grades were 9/8
· 55% of all entries in Drama, Music and Art were 9-7
Looking forward to the new academic year there is a wide variety of subjects available at A Level at St Augustine’s Priory and the Year 11 girls look forward to studying in the Sixth Form under the guidance of outstanding teachers with an emphasis on individual support delivered in small all-girls Sixth Form classes. A love of learning, enjoyment and hard work await them in the Sixth Form and after such a great day they are all looking forward to the challenge of Sixth Form life.