- Head Mrs. Margaret Giblin
Marymount London is an independent, day and boarding school for girls which nurtures the limitless potential of curious, motivated students (ages 11 to 18) of diverse faiths and backgrounds.
Founded in 1955 through the charism of the Religious of the Sacred Heart of Mary (RSHM), we proudly stand as the first all-girls school in the United Kingdom to adopt the International Baccalaureate curriculum (IB MYP and Diploma), where girls are inspired to learn in a creative, collaborative, interdisciplinary, and exploratory environment.
Students are empowered to build their confidence, leadership skills, and sense of self on a seven acre garden campus conveniently located just twelve miles from Central London. The campus offers outstanding facilities, including a STEAM Hub, sports hall, dance studio, modern dining hall, and tennis courts. The School’s challenging academic program is based on the International Baccalaureate curricula:
- The Middle Years Programme (MYP), offered in Grades 6 to 10, encourages students to draw meaningful connections between eight broad and varied subject groups. With a central focus on the development of conceptual understanding and effective approaches to learning (ATL) skills, the MYP is a student-centered, inquiry-based programme rooted in interdisciplinary learning.
- The International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (DP) for Grades 11 and 12 builds on the strong foundation of the MYP, leading to independent research opportunities as well as exceptional university placement within the UK and around the world.
- Our 2019 results are outstanding: 100% pass rate and an average of 37 points. Marymount graduates are global citizens prepared to make a difference in the world.
Marymount’s holistic approach to learning delivers a well-rounded education that encourages critical thinking, intercultural understanding, and participation in a wide array of interesting extracurricular offerings. Robust transport service from London/surrounding areas and boarding options (full, weekly, and flexi) are available.
Marymount offers year-round rolling admission as space allows. The admissions section of the website, featuring an online application portal, provides all of the information necessary to get started. Applicant families are encouraged to learn more about the School’s strong tradition of excellence by exploring the website, making contact by phone/email, and scheduling a campus visit.
- Age range 11 - 18
Day / Boarding
- Full Boarding
- Weekly Boarding
- Flexi Boarding
- Religious affiliation Catholic
- 16+ International Baccalaureate (IB)
- Fees (per term) September 2020 - August 2021
- £8,662 - £14,045 per term
- £8,662 - £14,045 per term
- Find out more about fees >
Bursaries & Scholarships
- Sibling discounts
Disclaimer: Data is provided by the school, the GSA is not responsible for inaccuracies.